City administrative offices closed Nov. 12 in observance of Veterans Day
Contact: Jason Bartolone, Communications Specialist 941-928-3988 email@example.com
Sarasota, FL: City administrative offices will be closed Monday, Nov. 12, in observance of the Veterans Day holiday.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste pickups will not be affected.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Center, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Boulevard, will be open regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be open limited hours: 7:30 a.m. to noon.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 John Rivers Street, will be open limited hours: 6-10 a.m.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail - The Box Office will be closed.
The City, in conjunction with the Sarasota Patriotic Observance Committee, will host the 2018 Veterans Day parade and ceremony on Sunday, Nov. 11. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. at Main Street and Osprey Avenue and will end at Chaplain J.D. Hamel Park at the corner of Main Street and Gulfstream Avenue, where an 11 a.m. ceremony will be held.
This year’s ceremony will honor Vietnam veterans and all female veterans, including World War II female vets, with the theme “All Gave Some. Some Gave All.”
Those interested in participating should contact Dan Kennedy, Patriotic Observance Committee Chairman, at 941-812-5406.
Sarasota Municipal Auditorium, 801 N. Tamiami Trail, will host a Vintage & Collectibles Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 10-11. Admission is just $3 for both days. For more information, visit srqauditorium.com.
About the City of Sarasota: Distinguished by Google as a Digital Capital in the U.S., the City of Sarasota is a diverse community located on Florida’s Suncoast with 53,000 year round residents, several internationally recognized cultural arts venues, stunning sunsets along Lido Beach, a 45-hole municipal golf course at the historic Bobby Jones Golf Club, and Major League spring training baseball with the Baltimore Orioles. Learn more about us at www.SarasotaGov.com